Yikes! I am so excited to write my personal review for this drama, the very first drama by far. Who doesn't??? This drama totally nailed my expectation. Although I picked this out randomly in Youtube, who could have thought that this drama is really good. Oh My Ghostess, is the new talk about romantic comedy from tvN, from July 3 to August 22, 2015 for 16 episodes. Starring Park Bo-young, Jo Jung-suk, Kim Seul-gie and Lim Ju-hwan.
The story was full of mystery and suspense and love and emotions and overloads of cuteness! It's about this girl name Na Bong-sun (Park Bo-young) a fainthearted young girl, who has an ability to see ghost and interacts with them (thanks to her shaman grand mother). She was later possessed by the ghost named Shin Soon-ae (Kim Seul-gie). A ghost with a grudge of being a virgin and believes that by losing it, she will be able to "resolve her grudge " and move on to the afterlife. Soon-ae is determined to seduce as many men as she can by possessing various women, and she finds the perfect vessel in Bong-sun body.
Na Bong-sun works in the restaurant as an assistant. She doesn't have friends and not good with anything and most of the time being yelled at alot with her co-workers, especially her arrogant boss, famous chef Kang Sun-woo (Jo Jung-suk). Bong-sun has a secret crush on him, although he doesn't take much notice of her because he is has a secret feelings with his college friend Lee So-hyung (Park Jung-ah), who's a TV producer. But everything turn up side down when Bong-sun starts to act differently, shes now outspoken, confident, dynamic woman, shedding her mousy personality, and she finally catches Sun-woo's heart.
It's no surprise if viewers (like moi) has fallen head over heels in love for this drama. The drama played the supernatural element really well and it blended with everything else.
My personal favorite is seeing the female character making its first move, which is super cute and funny. Korean drama's often portray male characters as being forward and female characters as being timid, but totally not for this drama. This is so refreshing to see and can't help giggle and laugh. The romance played out so well! From start to finish this drama was perfectly constructed, with great consistency.
I loved the cast! Such talented actors, all of them!
1. Park Bo Young was my favorite character. She did a mind blowing job, playing Na Bong-sun and the possessed Shin Soon Ae, from being a timid self to a slutty ghost. I must say I like her better when she is being possessed with Shin Soon Ae, her absurd attempts to seduce Sun Woo, is filled with funny moments that are sure to brighten your mood, very entertaining character. I wouldn't be surprise if she will won an award for this role. She played the role amazingly and definitely deserves an award. (Best Actress!!!)
2. Jo Jung Suk slayed my heart with his performance in My Love, My Bride film, and he's doing it again in his role, as Chef Sun Woo. He has an interesting blend of brusque and caring masters as well. He was sweet and adorable and had depth as a character. He and Park Park Bo yung has excellent chemistry which makes their role very entertaining. Gee, I really loved his character and wish to have a guy like him. (Wish!!!)
3. Kim Seul Gi character made me cry. I can somehow relate her story as a hardworking and loving child and sister to her brother. It's really heartbreaking to know she died at a very young age. Thanks to her, she made sure Sun Woo fall in love with Bong-sun. Another great Koran actress for me to look up to.
4. Im Joo Hwan - His is so super cute! Boy next door looking but unfortunately his face says other wise with his character. He plays the bad guy. A very interesting character.
5. The ahjumma's I loved this duo Seobinggo Dong (Lee Jung-eun) the shaman and Seon Woo's mother! This duo were inseparable and witty.
6. Kwak Si Yang another cutie you'll fall in love with. He plays as one of boys Sun Woo's restaurant. When Na Bong-sun was possessed by Shin Soon Ae for the first time. She flirted with Seo Joon. But rejected. Among the boys at the restaurant he is much closer to Bong-sun. One time was Sun Woo jealous because of him.
The rest of gang at Sun Woo's restaurant had its fair share of good acting. As well as Sun Woo's little sister, her story was heartbreaking! Loved her pure and innocent portrayal with her character. And there goes Soon Ae's father who also made me cry and breaks my heart. Suddenly missed my father whose now in heaven. And of course last but not the least Soon Ae's cute little brother who plays dumb and stupid. I'm glad his image was changed at the end part, from family black sheep to dependable son to his father. I miss these characters, and I am very happy with how the drama ended.
Spoiler Alert! Read at your own risk!!!
- The mystery surrounding Soon-ae's death involves Sun-woo's brother-in-law Choi Sung-jae. She intentionally killed Soon Ae because she witness an accident involving him.
- Choi Sung Jae is the man behinds Sun Woo's little sister hit and run. He was also possessed by an evil ghost. He later commit suicide but manage to stay alive with the real him but has an amnesia.
- Lee So-hyung move on after being rejected with Sun Woo and later introduced a man who is exactly look a like with their friend.
- Na Bong-sun won an award for cooking competition and left the country for two years. And come back as Bong-sun version 2.0.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Park Bo Young is a very successful film career in South Korea with hits like A Werewolf Boy. But.....Did you know that "THE KISS" in episode 4 was Park Bo Young's first onscreen kiss ever, and Jo Jung Suk definitely "guided" her well :)
Some of my Favorite Highlights:
- Are the kisses scenes, they don't show awkwardness while kissing each other not like some actors and actresses.
- I thought Yong Pal is the best drama I have seen by far, for 2015. But it move to #2 slot, because Oh My Ghostess made it to #1 slot.
- Oh My Ghostess is the best of the best Korean Drama for 2015. The timeline and story was never lost. They had perfect momentum in each episodes. Yong Pal was good too but the ending was a little disappointing.
Have you been watching Oh My Ghostess? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts and leave your comments below! Happy Drama Watching Everyone!!!