Get the latest updates of upcoming and currently airing Korean drama in dramalandia, casting news, spoiler alert, behind the scenes, including promotional teasers, posters, still cuts, press conferences and entertainment news. Anything and everything about Hallyu, i'm in the picture, so follow me on my journey in kdrama and be up-to-date!
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Thursday, April 7, 2016
The Blood made my list of Kdrama's for 2015 with vampire story-line. I was skeptical about this one because of poor ratings and reviews I've read and seen online. I'm glad I didn't listen to the previous negative reviews and comments about this drama and decided to watch it for me to decide.
Model-turned-actor Ahn Jae Hyun played the role of Park Ji Sang, a vampire. Or rather, he was infected with the vampire virus called VBT-01, because of his parents who were born human, and was infected by the said virus. Ji Sang uses his power to help people. When Ji Sang found out whose the mastermind and responsible for his parents death. He goes to Taemin Cancer Hospital, thanks to his young good looking self he was accepted as an incredibly top surgeon in Taemin. Wherein he meet Dr. Yoo Ri Ta played by Ku Hye Sun. The niece and heir of Taemin Hospital. Ri Ta is kindhearted, yet fierce young surgeon. She also happen to be the girl, Ji Sang save in the forest when they were both young.
Ku Hye Sun and Ahn Jae Hyun tandem receive a lot of criticism. Due to the latter lack of experience in acting. Ahn Jae Hyun seemed to grow more confident as the series progressed but by then the show had lost a lot of viewers.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS DRAMA:
I watch this drama with fairly low expectations. But somehow Ku Hye Sun and Ahn Jae Hyun manage me to watch them till the very end. I had a good time watching this, I was happy, thrilled, giggling and sad seeing Ji Sang died...yet somehow, they left me wondering what really happen. Because it appears on the end part that Ji Sang is alive??? or was is Ri Ta's figment imagination or his doppleganger or twins?So there you go, kind of sloppy writing, but oh well, we move on. Not the strongest series out there, but quite fun while it lasted.
MY RATING : 6/10
Have you been watching The Blood? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts and leave your comments below! Happy Drama Watching Everyone!!!
Friday, March 11, 2016
Last weekend my cousin invite us to go to Regina Rica, a pilgrimage site located in Tanay Rizal. A 2 hours away from where we lived. I'm not sure how long does it takes here if your commuting. But I'll be sharing below, how you can get here.
|with my family. ♥|
We left home as early as 8am, and arrive in Regina Rica at around 10am. There were so many people flocked towards the area, because it was on Sunday. The place also offer masses for the public, Sunday 11:00am first service and 3:30pm second service. And on Saturday 11:00am and 4:00pm service. But before we starts our pilgrimage, we were told to head straight to the conference area, where they would have a short orientation for its visitor/guest. Along the way you will see this sign, to make sure you are guided and would not loss around the vicinity.
The orientation area.
After a minute the speaker show up and share a little information about Regina Rica. This was founded by the Dominican Sisters of Regina Rosary way back in 1998. The Regina Rosary Contemplative Association grew over the years and in 2009 they established the Regina Rosarii Institute for Contemplation in Asia (Regina RICA) in Tanay, Rizal which quickly became a popular pilgrimage site in the Philippines.
The speaker would also remind the visitors that Regina Rica, is not a park, picnic ground or your playground. It's a sacred place, that requires you to be on your best behavior when you are inside the place. People visiting this people should observe silence and respect for the sanctity and cleanliness of the area. Regina Rica is a place for Prayer, Pilgrimage, Peace and Patient. Because coming here you need to be patient. Learn to wait for your turn especially going to Sulod and Candle House.
There is also a dress code, strapless or spaghetti straps, shorts, sando and too revealing outfits are not allowed. But don’t worry, if by accident you are unaware about this rule, because they would let you borrow a cover-up, just make sure you wore them the whole time inside. Or you can buy some long skirts and shawls, in the store inside. They have this rule to make sure the place is being respected and wearing inappropriate clothing, says otherwise. Regina Rica is not your "Playground", its a sacred ground that needs to be respected.
Regina RICA is an up and down the hill kind of place. The centerpiece is an iconic 71-foot statue of the Our Lady on Top of the Hill. So make sure you are ready to sweat.
But if you have someone with you, who are having hard time to walk, worry no more, because Regina Rica also offer a shuttle of PWD (person with disability) for a Php 5.00 donation. They also have wheelchair you can borrow for free.
Along the trail you will see different kinds of beautiful flowers. Here's my favorite of them all.
and this little patotie, who survived the trail, without asking her mom to carry her.
When we reach the top a long line greeted us, everyone is waiting in line to enter the SULOD. It wasn't on my plan, but my sister insisted me to go in and see whats inside, from outside we can hear someone talking and giving another orientation to the ones inside. Regina RICA’s is also known for sanctuary of love and devotion.
After the orientation, we head upstairs, unfortunately we didn't see anything amazing because it was currently under construction. But you get to see the beautiful view. My cousin stayed a longer time, while me and siblings decided to head down. Because my nieces and nephew were starving already. On our way down we see these beautiful views and some animals roaming around the area.
1.) Regina RICA Chapel
Outside the chapel you will see this wishing well.
2.) The parking area from afar.
3.) San Jose Rotonda
|from a far.|
4.) Mary's Sacred Trail
5.) The Sheep!
6.) 14 Station of Crosses
7.) The Horse!
8.) Hanging Bridge
10.) Koi Pond
Keep in mind, that you can take pictures anywhere inside the whole vicinity, make sure you keep SILENT and RESPECT other people who are meditating and other pilgrim's.
HOW TO GET HERE:
- From Aurora boulevard, Gateway. There are many Jeepney or UV Express Van that bound for Cogeo Market, that you can get in.
- Go down to Cogeo Town Plaza then go to City Mall of Antipolo Market to get a ride bound for Sampaloc, Tanay Rizal.
- When you reach Sampaloc, Tanay Market. Get a tricycle ride going to Regina Rica, in Sitio Aguho Street.
If your coming from Edsa. You can also get this route from Star Mall at Edsa corner Shaw Boulevard. Get a van or jeep going to Tanay. This will bring you to Tanay town proper. Just tell the driver to direct you to Tanay Sampaloc jeepney terminal. From Sampaloc terminal you can get a tricycle that would take you to Regina Rica.
Unfortunately, I cannot give any fare amount if how much it would cost commuting going to Regina Rica, because I don't know. But rest assured that if would not cost that much. Probably around Php300.00 pesos or less. As for the food, you have an option of bringing your own food, with designated areas or cottages. But, if you are lazy to bring, worry no more. Because the place has restaurant for your to eat.
Mambugan-Masinag-Cogeo-Paenaan-Sampaloc Tanay-Regina Rica.
BEST TIME TO GO TO REGINA RICA:
Regina Rica open from 8 am to 5:30 pm. CLOSED every TUESDAYS.
ONE IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER BEFORE LEAVING REGINA RICA IS....
Bring home your trash! Bsura mo iiuwi mo.
ONE IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER BEFORE LEAVING REGINA RICA IS....
Bring home your trash! Bsura mo iiuwi mo.
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Moorim School is a 2016 drama starring Lee Hyun-woo. The story is about the school and the mystery associated with it. Moorim School is not your ordinary high school drama, because they not only teach martial arts but also teach good camaraderie, honesty, faith and sacrifice towards peers and teachers. Moorim School offers an action-packed moves with a little of science-fiction element. The teachers and students at Moorim come from different countries and each have their own stories. Making this drama more interesting and, most importantly, intriguing to watch.
The school is set in the midst of the forest, protected with some sort of spells which makes it unseen to outsider. Hwang Moo-song (played by Shin Hyun-Joon) is the school dean, he possess magic that create a seal to keep the school invisible making it impossible for any outsider to trespass. But it all change when Chi Ang (played by Lee Hongbin of Kpop group VIXX's) and Yoon Shi-woo (played by Lee Hyun Woo) unknowingly break the seal for the first time in the school's history.
I loved the cast! All of them!
- Yoon Shi Woo (played by Lee Hyun Woo) is a top hallyu star, he is the leader of the South Korean idol group called "Mobius". His popularity and fame made him become arrogant and prickly towards other people. He have a hearing problem, and no doctors can cure him. One of his fan, told him to go to Moorim School, because someone from the school can heal him. He went there in hopes that, he will be cured. But later did he know Moorim itself can not only healed him, but somehow related to his past and he possess supernatural ability.
- Wang Chi Ang (played by Lee Hong Bin) is another chaebol character in k-drama. His a rebellious son, who has been kicked out for more than 20 times in different school and country. This father Wang Hao (played by Lee Beom Soo) is a multi billionaire CEO who owns Sang Hae Group, China's largest enterprise. Aside from his assets in China he also have some business affiliates in South Korea. Chi Ang's father force him to study in Moorim, because of his ulterior motives, on getting the "Chintamani", it is believes that the person who holds its possession will attain great and formidable power that can control the world.
- Shim Soon-duk (played by Seo Ye Ji) is Shi Woo and Chi Ang love interest. She goes to Morrim secretly because his father Shim Bong-san (played by Lee Moon Sik) is against it. Because his father was involved in an accident related to "Chintamani" in the past that made him blind.
- Hwang Sun-ah (played by Jung Yoo Jin, aka Eugene) is the "ace" of Moorim School, she excelled in everything she does in Moorim. She's a huge Shi Woo fan, while attending the Mobuis concert, she seems to know that Shi Woo is having hearing problem, she rushes towards the stage when the light is about to fall and rescue Shi Woo and told him to go to Moorim because the Dean, her dad can heal him. Sun Ah is Soon Duk "roomies" and best friend.
- Hwang Moo-song (played by Shin Hyun-Joon) was being accused as Juk Poong the man who is after the Chintamani. He was also known for betraying his best friend Chae Yoon (played by Shin Sung-woo). But actually, he is the good guy. like Chae Yoon he was around to protect the Chintamani and his best friend, but it was too late for him to save him and his family so he end up saving his best friend daughter and that is Hwang Sun-ah (played by Jung Yoo Jin, aka Eugene).
- Chae Yoon (played by Shin Sung-woo) was "ALIVE", he survive the fire that kill his wife. He was in coma for 18 years. Chi Ang's father, keep him for that long because Chae Yoon was the guardian of Chintamani.
- Hwang Sun-ah (played by Jung Yoo Jin, aka Eugene) and Yoon Shi Woo (played by Lee Hyun Woo) are siblings, and their father is Chae Yoon.
The series is very entertaining and I love how everyone in the drama had a happy ending. They may have low ratings on TV yet one of the most amazing kdramas in 2016 i have watch so far. And yes, I would gladly recommend this to my family and friends.
As PROMISE, here's the linked wherein you can watch Moorim School with good English Subtitle.
MY RATINGS : 10/10
Have you been watching Moorim School? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts and leave your comments below! Happy Drama Watching Everyone!!!